These are an easy no-bake dessert so they come together in a flash – perfect when you're in a hurry and in the summer months when the thought of turning on the oven is a bit daunting. They're loaded with the healthy goodness of plain cocoa, avocado, coconut butter, and a low carb sweetener.
Health Benefits of Avocado
The base is avocado, which is a nutritional powerhouse:
– loaded with anti-inflammatory benefits – high in Omega-3 fatty acids – supports cardiovascular health – promotes blood sugar regulation – anti-cancer benefits – improves inflammatory and oxidative stress levels.
Health Benefits of Coconut
– high in fiber – low glycemic index – improves heart health – has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-parasitic healing properties
Here's What You Need....
1 large ripe avocado
⅜ cup coconut butter
⅜ cup cocoa (use carob for a caffeine-free and AIP alternative)
3 Tbsp powdered coconut sugar
1 tsp honey
¾ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt (I recommend Real Salt)
3 dashes of cayenne or chipotle pepper (optional - omit for AIP)
Toppings - options include cocoa powder (use carob for AIP), crushed nuts or seeds (soaked and dried (omit for AIP), and shredded coconut
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor.
2. Process until well mixed.
3. Place in a bowl in the refrigerator until fairly firm (approx. 40 min), or alternatively use the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
4. Using a small cookie scoop or melon baller, scoop out balls of the avocado mixture and roll into balls.
5. Roll the balls into the desired topping. Refrigerate or freeze any remaining truffles for later.